Thursday, November 27, 2014

Would You Eat 26 Year Old Gum?





 I did.

It was the day before Thanksgiving, and we had our super fun family from Chicago in town.  Free-spirited good times always reign when they show up on our doorstep.  Common sense is often abandoned in the quest to keep the carefree, holiday atmosphere going strong.  So when Greg’s brother, Mark, announced that he bought gum from 1988 at the card store, there was no need to think it through.  I immediately announced, “I am in!”

As I started to chew the gum, it instantaneously dissolved in my mouth.  There was no spitting it out and no getting rid of the nasty toxins that quickly traveled down my throat deep into the pit of my stomach.  It only took about 10 seconds for me to realize that gum, unlike fine wine, does NOT get better with age.  My stomach began to gurgle, and I felt sick.

Luckily, my essential oil drawer was in the kitchen nearby.  I filled my glass with water, put a drop of peppermint in for my indigestion, and added a few drops of lemon to help detox.  A few minutes passed, and I was ready to take on some more stupid fun.  I couldn’t wait to see what we would do next!  


 
For questions or more information: julie_hornok@yahoo.com

No comments:

Post a Comment