Friday, January 9, 2015

A Breath of Fresh Air


No gum.  No mints.  No sweets.  Two pounds over my “highest weight I would ever allow” became five.  Okay fine, ten.  It’s that time of year again, and at some point, I was going to have to wash my jeans.  Or even worse, buy new ones.  So, I did it. I ordered the stuff and began a new diet program that I just know will change my life forever. I am quite sure I will never crave carbs or sweets again, and I will also be skinny for the rest of my life.

The only problem (well, besides the fact that my stomach is growling as I write this) is that I met with several people today.  Without my gum and mints and constant snacking, I am not even close to being confident that my breath doesn’t totally stink like a dead animal! 

I have been on the other side of this, talking to that skunk-breathed person, frantically plotting my escape as I take one small step back at a time, giving personal space a larger boundary.  I don’t want to be that person you only talk to behind counters so they are physically trapped and cannot come any closer.

Luckily, I have a very wise friend.  She said, “You have peppermint oil right in front of you!”  Duh!  Sometimes the obvious just completely eludes me.

I dropped one drop of peppermint on my tongue and once again spoke with confidence.  The peppermint, literally, is a breath of fresh air.

PS:  That picture above is what I plan to look like after my diet.  I might even dye my hair brown.


For questions or more information: julie_hornok@yahoo.com

No comments:

Post a Comment