Saturday, November 1, 2014

My Oil Obsession Blog Inspiration



The night was finally here.  My heart was pounding every time I even thought about it.  It was finally going to happen.  I had waited almost 30 years for this!  My worlds had collided….what luck!  My autism hero, Jenny McCarthy, had married my teenage heartthrob Donnie Wahlberg from NKOTB, and tonight I was going to meet him!  I wasn’t sure when he would arrive at the party, but my eyes darted in a perfectly planned circular pattern around the room over and over until I was feeling dizzy.
 
Then mid-spin, I saw him across the room.  No, not Donnie, but there stood J. Peterman from Seinfeld.  I knew he had a real name, but that was not important.  I plowed through the crowd toward him and asked the pretty lady he was standing next to if she would take our picture.  “Sure,” she said as she gracefully and kindly took more than a few shots.  It was important that she got my best side. :)



Wonder why J. Peterman looks less than mildly amused?  It wasn’t because he finally figured out that Elaine was Suzie and Suzie was Elaine in one of my favorite episodes.  No.  It was because it was his real life wife that I asked to take our picture.
 
After that meeting, I knew that my oil blog needed to be as silly as a J. Peterman Catalog.

And yes, I did meet Donnie Wahlberg that night.  I did talk to him just long enough to ask him to take one awful, flashless, star struck, amateur selfie with me!

 
For questions or more information: julie_hornok@yahoo.com

No comments:

Post a Comment