Thursday, January 1, 2015

Sugar Rush





It was the first day of my diet, and my sugar cravings were raging!  Somehow knowing I couldn’t have it made me want it even more.  Although I had purged the kitchen the night before in preparation, I made a mental checklist of all possible sugary items that I could still put in my mouth without even a minute of preparation.  1/4 of a bag of chocolate chips in the cabinet, kids’ gummies in the pantry, and a spoonful of brown sugar…no, I am not above it.  I could almost taste the sweet delight on my tongue and the rush of endorphins to my brain that would immediately lighten my mood.  I needed a fix, and I needed it quick.

Just as I opened my pantry to go straight for the gummies, I saw my Slique Tea.  Was it even possible that this sweet, chocolaty, healthy tea could tide me over until I was at a more mentally stable day in my diet?  I warmed the water and dipped two tea bags in ...because more is always better, right?  As I reached the bottom of the cup, I decided that I would have a salad for lunch.    



 
For questions or more information: julie_hornok@yahoo.com


No comments:

Post a Comment