Wednesday, April 1, 2015

The Blood Moon




The full moon was red. Blood red.  Some people think this is a sign of end times, and judging from the noise level in my home, I would agree.  Whining, complaining, and meltdowns galore.  No matter how hard I tried, I could do nothing right.  I allowed double the electronics minutes and even served pizza with no vegetables for dinner.  Still only chaos in my home.  My three kids were arguing with each other and arguing with me.  My motherly pride was taking quite a blow.

I knew no one would let me get near enough to them to lather them with essential oils, but I had another option!  I took out my diffuser and said a desperate prayer as I dropped 6 drops of Lavender inside.  The fresh, flowery smell filled the room.  The children quieted.  I think I might have even heard one of them sing “Kumbaya”.  I inhaled deeply, closed my eyes and let the Lavender take me away.


 
For questions or more information: julie_hornok@yahoo.com

No comments:

Post a Comment